WORCESTER, Mass. – Aleksandra Kazala finished with a double-double with 15 kills and 12 digs for American University, but Holy Cross earned a 26-24, 25-23, 23-25, 27-25 victory over the Eagles in a Patriot League volleyball match Saturday.
The loss snapped a 14-match winning streak for the Eagles, who fell to 19-10 overall and 13-1 in the league. American had clinched the regular-season title in the PL on Friday at Colgate.
• Loren McKenzie had 10 kills with only one error in 16 attacks for the Eagles, hitting .562 in the match. She added five blocks.
• Jeanne Westney led AU with seven blocks, as the Eagles finished with 13.
• American hit only .141 in the match, finishing with just 43 kills.
• Katie Kerins had 14 kills to lead Holy Cross, which got 10 each from Johnna Shamley and Rachel Harding.
• Holy Cross improved to 7-20 and 6-8 in the PL.
NEXT UP / TICKETS
American returns to Bender Arena on Tuesday, Nov. 6 to play host to Lehigh at 7 p.m. The Eagles close the regular season on Saturday, Nov. 10 at Army West Point in a 4 p.m. matchup.
AU will host the Patriot League Tournament on Nov. 17 and 18 at Bender Arena. Ticket information will be available in the next few days.
General admission seating for the Lehigh match is $8. Email email@example.com or call (202) 885-TIXX to purchase tickets.