WASHINGTON– Helena Elbaek led American University with 12 kills, while the Eagles made only three attack errors in the entire match in earning a 25-8, 25-12, 25-18 victory over Lafayette in a Patriot League volleyball match Saturday.
Prior to the match, AU honored head coach Barry Goldberg on his 30th season with the Eagles.
American, which has won 10 straight, improved to 15-9 and 9-0 in the PL, while the Leopards fell to 5-17 and 0-10 in the league.
• AU's three errors are a season-low, and AU hit a season-best .576 in the match.
• Elbaek had 12 kills and just one error in 18 attempts, leading the Eagles offensively for the fifth match this season.
• AU finished with eight service aces, including six in the first set alone. Five different players had at least once ace for the Eagles.
• American held leads of 9-1, 13-2 and 20-5 on the way to the first-set win, taking advantage of the service line.
• The Eagles led 15-11 in the second when they went on a decisive streak. They closed the set on a 10-1 run.
• AU also led throughout the third set. The hosts were up 9-7 before taking control, going up 19-11 and finishing out the match.
• Leanna Deegan had 10 kills to lead Lafayette.
American has its annual Senior Day on Sunday, Oct. 21 when it plays host to Bucknell at 2 p.m.
Following the home weekend, the Eagles take to the road for their next four matches. American faces second-place Navy in Annapolis on Friday, Oct. 26 at 7 p.m. and play at resurgent Loyola Maryland on Saturday, Oct. 27 at 4 p.m.
AU's final home match of the regular season is on Tuesday, Nov. 6 at 7 p.m. against Lehigh.
Tickets to all AU volleyball matches at Bender Arena are available throughout the season.
- Bring a group of 10+ and save over 40 percent off your purchase, available at $3 per person
- Individual game tickets are available for $8 for adults, $5 for general admission, youth under 17 and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID.
- CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
- For inquiries, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.885.TIXX (8499).
For the latest on American University Volleyball, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_Volleyball.