WASHINGTON, D.C.– Senior Loren McKenzie had nine blocks and junior Vela McBride had seven as American University dominated the net defensively in a 25-20, 25-15, 25-15 victory over Holy Cross in a Patriot League volleyball match Friday.
The Eagles won their fifth straight match to improve to 10-9 overall and a perfect 5-0 in the league. AU remained in first place in the league following the win.
• American finished with 16 team blocks, falling just short of the school record of 20. It was most for the team this season, though, with senior Kennedy Etheridge also chipping in with five.
• The 16 blocks forced the Crusaders into 32 attack errors, compared with just 27 kills for the visitors.
• Junior Shannon Webb led the Eagles' offense with nine kills, marking the first time this season she led the team in kills.
• Senior Aleksandra Kazala finished with seven kills, four assists, 13 digs and two blocks.
• Rachel Harding had eight kills to lead Holy Cross, which fell to 3-15 overall and 2-3 in the league.
The Eagles face a Tuesday-night matchup at Lehigh next week before a match at home Friday, Oct. 12 against Army West Point at 7 p.m.
Tickets to all AU volleyball matches at Bender Arena are available throughout the season.
- Bring a group of 10+ and save over 40 percent off your purchase, available at $3 per person
- Individual game tickets are available for $8 for adults, $5 for general admission, youth under 17 and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID.
- CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
- For inquiries, e-mail email@example.com or call 202.885.TIXX (8499).
For the latest on American University Volleyball, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_Volleyball.