The Eagles, who improved to 6-9 overall, finish the league-opening road trip on Saturday at Bucknell in a 5 p.m. match.
• Kazala, the Preseason Player of the Year in the PL, had her third straight match with double figures in kills. She had 13 kills and two errors in 20 attempts, hitting a season-best .550.
• Ellison hit 11-1-20 (.500) to post her first match with double-figure kills since Aug. 30.
• American hit .416 in the match and held the Leopards to a minus-.103 mark. Lafayette had 15 kills and 25 attack errors.
• AU rolled to leads of 6-1, 8-3 and 14-6 on the way to the first-set victory.
• American scored the first five points of the second set to gain the advantage. Leading 9-4 later in the set, the Eagles went on a 12-1 run to take over.
• The Eagles again earned an early lead in the final set, leading 8-2 and 10-5 before a decisive 11-1 streak put away the set.
Following the Saturday visit to Bucknell, the Eagles return home on Saturday, Sept. 29 to face Loyola Maryland at 4 p.m. and on Sunday, Sept. 30 for a 2 p.m. matinee with Navy.
Tickets to all AU volleyball matches at Bender Arena are available throughout the season.
- Bring a group of 10+ and save over 40 percent off your purchase, available at $3 per person
- Individual game tickets are available for $8 for adults, $5 for general admission, youth under 17 and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID.
- CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
- For inquiries, e-mail email@example.com or call 202.885.TIXX (8499).
For the latest on American University Volleyball, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_Volleyball.