Oct 26, 2018
WASHINGTON — The American University women's soccer team must win against Army West Point on Saturday in order to clinch the fifth-seed in the upcoming Patriot League Tournament.
- Bison Hunting — American can only clinch the fifth spot in the Patriot League Quarterfinals that begins on Tuesday at fourth-seed Bucknell.
- No Help — With Lehigh's win over Holy Cross, American can only clinch the postseason with a win. If American and Army West Point tie, the Eagles would be eliminated.
- She's The Best … Around — Senior Yari Bradfield leads all Patriot League players in goals (13) and points (28). The closest player to her statistics is Baseley McClaskey from Navy with seven goals and 23 points.
- Best Senior Class? — Seniors Gabriela Maldonado and Audrey Denkler along with Yari Bradfield might be one of the best senior classes in AU women's soccer history. All three have contributed this season with a combined 57 points. Maldonado is second on the team with 16 points (4g, 8a) and Denkler has 13 points (3g, 7a).
- Lang at Large — Junior keeper Morgan Lang has been one of the best keepers in the last four games. Lang is 2-1-1 with one shutout.
- Army WP Scout — Erynn Johns leads the Black Knights with nine points (2g, 5a). Morgan Walsh is second on the team and leads the squad with four goals. Sydney Cassalia has a 0.70 goals against average.
- A win by American will put the Eagles in the fifth-seed against Bucknell on Tuesday evening in the Patriot League Quarterfinals.