Sep 16, 2018
WASHINGTON — The American University women's soccer team remains unbeaten at Reeves Field with a 1-1 double-overtime tie with Boston University to begin Patriot League play on Sunday afternoon.
- Sophomore Ryleigh Brown made a career-best 15 saves on 16 shots on goal.
- Brown's previous best was 13 saves in a 1-0 loss at Lehigh on Oct. 7, 2017.
- Senior Yari Bradfield scored 58 seconds into regulation on a penalty kick goal to give the Eagles a 1-0 lead.
- Boston's Anna Heilferty tied the contest in the eighth minute with a blast from 15 yards away.
- BU keeper Amanda Fay made three saves.
- The Terriers finished the contest with a 25-8 edge in shots and 8-1 in corner kicks.
- Boston had a chance to take a lead with seconds remaining in the first half off a header by Chloee Sagmoe was stopped by Brown as the clock expired.
- Brown made eight saves in the second half and then four in the second overtime period.
- American will host Bucknell next Sunday, Sept. 22 at 2 p.m.
- The Eagles will conclude the month on the road at Navy (Sept. 26) and Colgate (Sept. 30).