Sep 09, 2018
WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J. — Sophomore keeper Ryleigh Brown made six saves including a point-blank shot in overtime for her third shutout of the season in a scoreless tie at Monmouth on Sunday.
- The last regular season scoreless tie for American can against Army West Point on Oct. 13, 2013. The Eagles and Black Knights also played to a scoreless draw in Patriot League Quarterfinals, but American won on penalty kicks 3-1.
- Brown recorded her third shutout of the season and is now 3-1-2 on the season. The last time an Eagle had more than three shutouts in a season was in 2012 when Charlene Belanger posted four (in straight games). In 2015, Belanger had three shutouts.
- Monmouth finished the contest with a 15-4 lead in shots.
- Brown was forced to made a save in the 93rd minute on a shot from Alexis Marino.
- In the 106th minute, freshman Emily Smith took a shot that was caught by Monmouth keeper Amanda Knaub.
- American will begin Patriot League play next Sunday at Reeves Field against Boston University.