Sep 08, 2018
WASHINGTON — The American University women's soccer team will conclude nonconference play on Sunday afternoon at Monmouth.
- The game can be seen on ESPN+ (paid subscription).
- Senior Yari Bradfield is tied for first in the Patriot League and leads the Eagles in points with 11 and goals with five.
- Bradfield is tied for 12th in the NCAA in goals.
- Bradfield is first in the Patriot League with 27 total shots and shots per game (3.8).
- Senior Audrey Denkler is second in the PL in shots 22 and shots per game (3.1).
- Denkler is tied for the league lead in assists with four.
- Senior Gabriela Maldonado is third in the Patriot League and second on the team in points with 10.
- Maldonado is one point shy of tying her career best of 11 set as a freshman when she played at LSU.
- Freshman Emily Smith is tied for third in the league in assists with three.
- With the win over Richmond, American is 4-0-0 at home this season. In 2004, the Eagles started the home season with a five-game unbeaten streak (4-0-1). AU has never won its first five home game in program history. The Eagles will look to set a new program-best next Sunday against Boston University in the PL-opener.
- All three goalkeepers to start a game this season have recorded a home win. Sophomore Ryleigh Brown won the first two home games followed sophomore Morgan Lang and junior Amy Krotine.
- American is second in the Patriot League in goals against average (0.68).
- American leads the PL in total goals (12) and goals per game (1.7).