Aug 31, 2018
WASHINGTON — The unbeaten American University women's soccer team travels south to VMI on Saturday afternoon.
- NCAA Leader — Senior Yari Bradfield is tied with eight others for the NCAA lead in goals with five. Bradfield has had a pair of two-goal performances this season. She is one goal shy of setting the record for most goals in a single-season during the Anabel Hering era.
- Don't Forget About Me — Senior Audrey Denkler is also among the top NCAA leaders this season in assists with four. She is tied with 11 others in sixth place which includes fellow Patriot League member Army West Point's Erynn Johns.
- Superwoman Reeves — Amerian is 3-0-0 this season at Reeves Field. The Eagles have allowed one goal at home and hit the back of the net seven times.
- Shake It — Junior Morgan Lang made her first appearance in goal since Oct. 28, 2017, and came away with three saves for her first collegiate victory over Hampton.
- VMI Keys — VMI is also unbeaten the season with a 3-0-0 mark. The Keydets defeated Hampton, South Carolina State and Delaware State before a rainout forced Thursday's match against local foe Radford to be postponed. Sierra Brewer leads VMI with three goals on the season. Ceci Keppeler is 2-0 in goal with a 0.40 goals against average.
- Up Next — American will host Richmond on Sept. 6.