Aug 25, 2018
WASHINGTON — Unbeaten in the first three games of the season, the American University women's soccer team hits the road for the second time this season with a Sunday afternoon match at UMBC.
- Best Start Since - The Eagles are looking to tie its best start since 2007 when the team won its first four games. The 2018 Eagles are unbeaten through three games with two wins and a tie. American won its first two home games for the first time since 2007 when AU defeated Manhattan (4-1) and Richmond (3-0). The '07 Eagles went on to win their third home game against Mount St. Mary's.
- Yari, Yari, Yari — Senior Yari Bradfield leads the Eagles with three goals, six points, and 17 shots. Bradfield is tied for the Patriot League lead in goals with Lafayette's Alex Stanford.
- Help is on the Way — Senior Audrey Denkler leads the Eagles and is tied for second in the PL with two assists.
- I'll Take it from Here — Ryleigh Brown has the third lowest goals against average (0.621) among PL keepers. Brown is tied for the league lead with two shutouts in three games.
- Dog House — UMBC enters Sunday's game 0-3 on the season, having allowed 10 goals against. The Retrievers are looking for their first goal of the year after losses to Robert Morris, La Salle and Saint Francis University.
- Up Next — American returns to Reeves Field to host Hampton on Thursday evening.