Aug 23, 2018
WASHINGTON — Senior Yari Bradfield scored both goals in a 2-0 shutout over Longwood at Reeves Field on Thursday evening.
- Yari Bradfield scored her second and third goals of the season to lead American over Longwood.
- Bradfield is the first Eagle to score two goals in a game since Kelsey Brasher scored twice against Delaware State on Sept. 30, 2009.
- Bradfield gave the Eagles a 1-0 lead in the 14th minute on a free kick that sneaked past Longwood keeper Madison Van Dyke.
- Bradfield added her second goal of the night after a through ball from classmate Audrey Denkler.
- Both sides finished with 11 shots, but the Lancers had the edge on corner kicks, 5-3.
- Sophomore Ryleigh Brown made six saves for her second straight home shutout.
- The last time American had back-to-back home shutouts in 2014 was against Mount St. Mary's (Aug. 28) and Delaware State (Sept. 5). Courtney Bembenek and Sarah Dejak split the contest against the Mountaineers and Bembenek played a full 90 against the Hornets.
- Longwood keeper Madison Van Dyke made five saves.
- American will travel to UMBC for a Sunday afternoon meeting with the Retrievers.