WASHINGTON — The final game of the 2017 season will take place Saturday afternoon at Reeves Field, as the American University women's soccer team hosts Army West Point at noon.
American is coming off a 3-1 loss at Lafayette last Sunday. Asia Horne scored her first collegiate goal for the Eagles in the 29th minute.
The Eagles have found the back of the net three times in the previous two games. In last Wednesday's 2-1 win over Loyola, Kira Flaherty scored two goals over a span of eight minutes.
The 2017 women's soccer team found a shining light in goal, as rookie Ryleigh Brown sits among the top goalkeepers in the Patriot League. Brown is second in saves per game (4.69) and seventh in goals against average (1.70). The Fort Lauderdale, Florida, native has played in 13 of AU's 16 games this season and started seven of eight league matchups.
American holds a 5-4-9 all-time record against the Black Knights.
Army West Point is led by Clare Shea with five points on one goal and three assists. Sydney Cassalia has started all 16 games and has posted a 1.17 goals against average.
For the latest on American Women's Soccer, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_Wsoccer.
CLASS OF 2018
• Transferred to American from St. Thomas University and Manhattan College
• Played in 12 games for the Eagles as a senior and made two starts
• Played in 44 career games for the Eagles and made 29 starts
• Recorded five career assists … Three as a freshman and two as a sophomore
• Two-time Patriot League Academic Honor Roll
• Played in 71 career games for the Eagles and made 62 starts
• Recorded three goals and one assist for seven career points
• 2016 Patriot League All-Academic Team … Three-time PL Academic Honor Roll