Game 15 · American (6-8, 1-5 PL) at #14 Navy (11-3, 5-1 PL)
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 · 5 p.m. ET · Annapolis, Md. (Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium)
All-Time Record: Navy leads, 12-1
Stream: Patriot League Network on Watch Stadium
WASHINGTON - The American University lacrosse team (6-8, 1-5 PL) will stay close to home this week as the Eagles travel to Annapolis to face their second ranked opponent of the season with No. 14 Navy (11-3, 5-1 PL) at 5 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Navy owns the 13-game series against AU, 12-1. American's only win against the Mids was in 2008, 17-15.
- Four Eagles scored during the 24-5 loss to Navy last season with Emma Vinall (2), Casey Harkins, Erica Skowron, and Izabella Jade.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- American put up a season-high 42 shots but couldn't quite overcome the back line of Colgate and fell to the Raiders, 13-11, on Saturday.
- Leah Brennan was among the highlights coming out of the game, as she tied the single-season program record in draw controls after pulling down five to lead the team. Her 64 so far this season puts her alongside Madison Hoon (2016) in the record book.
- Emma Vinall led the team's overall scoring efforts with seven points off four goals and three assists. Her 55 points so far this season is only seven away from Gina Riitano's 2003 single-season record (62).
- Brennan and Peyton Smith also added hat trick performances with three goals each while Amanda Medjid scored one.
- Casey Harkins pitched in a game-high four assists followed by one from Kendall Goldblum and Smith.
- Fiona Geier, who earned her 500th career save during the loss to Boston University the weekend before, picked up six saves in her 60 minutes of play.
- Vinall leads the team with her 55 points so far this season (43g, 12a), followed by Brennan's 40 (27g, 13a).
- Harkins has pitched in a team-high 18 assists followed by 13 from Smith.
- Brennan leads the team with her 64 draw controls with Goldblum (39) and Medjid (30) following.
- Geier leads the team between the pipes with 718 minutes so far this season. She has collected 104 saves in her 14 games and is averaging 11.86 goals against and a .423 save percentage. Geier also leads the team with 32 ground balls while Sydney Fry paces the defensive line with 25.
SCOUTING THE MIDSHIPMEN
- Navy is 11-3 overall this season, including 5-1 in Patriot League play with its only loss coming to the then-No. 11 Loyola Maryland, 16-6. Loyola was one of six ranked opponents for the Mids this season.
- The Midshipmen earned wins over No. 19 Towson, 14-13, No. 11 Florida, 14-13, and No. 23 Georgetown, 16-9. The Mids' only three losses this season were to No. 11 Loyola, No. 1 Boston College, 18-5, and No. 16 Virginia, 15-12.
- Navy enters the midweek matchup off a 21-8 victory over Army West Point on Saturday, April 13.
- Kelly Larkin continues to rank as one of the top players in the PL, averaging a league-high 6.43 points per game (90 total) and 3.43 goals per game (48). She ranks second in the conference with 3.0 assists per game (42).
- Kayla Harris is next on the squad with 38 points (29g, 9a) followed by Annalise Heyward with 35 points (21g, 14a) and Andie O'Sullivan with 32 points (26g, 6a).
- Reagan Roelofs leads in the circle with 83 draw controls followed by 55 from Heyward.
- Marie Valenti has picked up a team-high 39 ground balls.
- Gab Harchelroad leads the team from goal with 694 minutes of play. She has 74 saves on the season and is averaging 10.72 goals against per game and a .374 save percentage.
- As a team, Navy ranks sixth in Division I for assists per game (8.43) and 10th for draw controls per game (16.0) and points per game (23.57). The Mids lead the Patriot League for goals per game (15.14), points per game (23.57) and rank second in four other categories.
The Eagles will return to Jacobs Complex one final time this weekend, hosting Holy Cross at noon on Saturday, April 20, during the Senior Day celebration. AU will close out its regular season schedule on Friday, April 26, at Lehigh.
For the latest on American University Lacrosse, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_Lacrosse.