Game 14 · American (6-7, 1-4 PL) vs. Colgate (5-7, 3-2 PL)
Saturday, April 13, 2019 · 1 p.m. ET · Washington, D.C. (Jacobs Complex)
All-Time Record: Colgate leads, 15-7
Stream: Patriot League Network on Watch Stadium
WASHINGTON - The American University lacrosse team (6-7, 1-4 PL) will begin to wind down its 2019 home schedule on Saturday as the Eagles host Colgate (5-7, 3-2 PL) at 1 p.m. This is the final game at Jacobs Complex before the home finale and senior day celebration on Saturday, April 20, against Holy Cross.
- Colgate owns the 22-game series against the Eagles, 15-7, after claiming the 20-10 win last season.
- The last AU victory against the Raiders was in 2014, 10-9.
- Emma Vinall and Amanda Medjid both paced AU last season with three goals apiece while Erica Skowron and Kendall Goldblum each added two.
- Ana Freda and Delaney Oliveira split responsibility in goal. Oliveira picked up five saves while Freda earned two.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- AU is looking to snap its three-game skid after losses to then-No. 11 Loyola Maryland, Lafayette, and Boston University.
- Six Eagles scored during the 23-10 loss to the Terriers, starting with a four-goal effort from Emma Vinall. Casey Harkins tabbed another two goals while Kendall Goldblum, Peyton Smith, Brooke Stapleton, and Amanda Medjid added one each.
- Fiona Geier hit an exciting career milestone amid her 10-save performance in goal as she picked up her 500th career save. She now sits with 503 over her four years heading into her final games as an Eagle.
- Geier leads the team from goal with 98 saves so far this season and an 11.76 goals against average.
- Vinall and Leah Brennan are both chasing record-book marks over the final four games of the regular season. Brennan's team-high 59 draw controls puts her only five away from tying Madison Hoon's single-season record from 2016 (64).
- Vinall is continuing to creep up on the single-season record with her team-high 48 points (39g, 9a) so far this season. The current program record of 62 has been held by Gina Riitano since 2003.
- Vinall currently ranks 20th in Division I with her .557 shot percentage and leads the Patriot League rankings for conference play with 3.80 goals per game.
- As a team, the Eagles are fifth in the league for points per game (16.31) and turnovers per game (15.92), and fourth for goals against average (10.94).
SCOUTING THE RAIDERS
- Colgate enters the weekend matinee of a pair of back-to-back wins over Bucknell and Lehigh.
- The Raiders put up a dominant 16-4 performance against the Mountain Hawks behind a four-goal effort from Lindsay West and three goals from Danielle Van Calcar. Seven other players contributed to the final tally and five added assists including a game-high seven from Tara Atkinson.
- Atkinson leads the team with 36 points on the season (14g, 22a), followed by 29 from Noelle Patterson (25g, 4a) and 28 from Van Calcar (19g, 9a).
- Van Calcar also leads the team with 38 draw controls.
- Croston leads the team from goal with 122 saves and an 11.49 goals against average in her 689 minutes. She has also picked up a team-high 31 ground balls.
- Croston currently ranks 16th in Division I for saves per game (10.17) and 27th for save percentage (.480).
- During the conference slate, Atkinson is third in the PL for assists per game (3.20) and points per game (4.60).
The Eagles will be on the road on Wednesday with a 5 p.m. draw at No. 14 Navy before returning to Jacobs Complex for the home finale and senior day celebration on Saturday, April 20, with a noon start against Holy Cross. AU will conclude its regular-season slate on Friday, April 26, at Lehigh.
For the latest on American University Lacrosse, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_Lacrosse.