Game 13 · American (6-6, 1-3 PL) at Boston University (7-4, 3-1 PL)
Saturday, April 5, 2019 · Noon ET · Boston, Mass. (Nickerson Field)
All-Time Record: Boston University leads, 5-0
Stream: Patriot League Network on Watch Stadium
WASHINGTON - The American University women's lacrosse team (6-6, 1-3 PL) continues Patriot League play this weekend with a noon draw at Boston University (7-4, 3-1 PL) on Saturday, April 5.
- The Terriers lead the young series against AU, 5-0, after a 19-7 win in D.C. last year.
- Six Eagles scored against BU last season starting with a pair of goals from Izabella Jade. Leah Brennan, Casey Harkins, Emma Vinall, Kendall Goldblum and Amanda Medjid rounded out the scorers for AU with one goal each. Ana Freda led the team from goal, picking up eight saves in 42 minutes of play while Delaney Oliveira picked up four in her 18 minutes.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- American is still searching for its first Patriot League victory on the road after the Eagles fell in a 15-11 battle at Lafayette on Saturday, March 30.
- Kendall Goldblum paced the Eagles with her fifth hat trick of the season, scoring four goals followed by three goals from Emma Vinall and Izabella Jade. Leah Brennan closed out the scoring efforts for AU with one goal.
- Casey Harkins pitched in a team-high three assists while Brennan, Peyton Smith, and Amanda Medjid added one each.
- Goalkeeper Fiona Geier picked up eight saves on the day.
- The Eagles rank second in the Patriot League for goals against, averaging only 9.95 per game. They also rank within the top-five of the league for assists per game (5.08) and points per game (16.42).
- The threesome of Emma Vinall, Leah Brennan, and Kendall Goldblum have headed up the offensive efforts for AU all season. Vinall currently paces the squad with 41 points (35g, 6a), followed by Brennan with 35 (24g, 11a) and Goldblum with 33 (27g, 6a).
- Vinall is fourth in the PL for goals per game (2.92) while Goldblum is currently sitting in fifth with 6.18 shots per game.
- Brennan continues to work as the Eagles' primary draw control specialist with 55 so far this season. Goldblum is next with 36 while Amanda Medjid has pulled down 25.
- Geier continues to sit among the top goalkeepers in the league for goals against, averaging 10.81 per game for fourth in the current rankings. She enters the weekend with 88 saves on the season and a .440 save percentage.
SCOUTING THE TERRIERS
- Boston is coming off a 21-7 loss to No. 15 Loyola Maryland on Sunday, March 31, but remain in third place in the Patriot League with its 3-1 conference record (7-4 overall).
- BU is third in the PL with 13.45 goals and 20.36 points per game, and is fourth with a 10.96 goals against average.
- Kailey Conry leads the Patriot League with 3.50 assists per game and ranks second with 5.12 points per game. She paces the team with 41 points (13g, 28a) on the season.
- Eight Terriers have scored at least 11 goals so far this season led by 22 from Kaitlin Belval.
- Tonianne Magnelli and Belval have shared responsibility on the draw. Magnelli leads with 49 followed by Belval's 40.
- Kennady Smith leads the squad from goal with a 12.12 goals against average and .425 save percentage. She enters the weekend with 76 saves on the season.
AU returns home next weekend for a 1 p.m. start against Colgate on Saturday, April 13. The home finale and senior day is scheduled for noon on Saturday, April 20, against Holy Cross.
For the latest on American University Lacrosse, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_Lacrosse.