Game 10 · American (5-4, 0-1 PL) vs. Army West Point (7-2, 0-1 PL)
Saturday, March 23, 2019 · 1:00 p.m. ET · Washington, D.C. (Jacobs Complex)
All-Time Record: American leads, 2-1
Stream: Patriot League Network on Watch Stadium
WASHINGTON – The American University lacrosse team (5-4, 0-1 PL) returns home after a three-game stretch on the road to host Army West Point (7-2, 0-1 PL) at 1 p.m. on Saturday.
Both teams are looking for their first Patriot League victory of the season after AU fell to Bucknell on Sunday, 11-8, and Army dropped a 21-7 contest to then-No. 10 Loyola Maryland on Saturday.
- American leads the series against the young Army squad, 2-1, after dropping last year's contest to the Black Knights, 17-8.
- Lexi Perez tabbed the hat trick during the game, followed by goals from Amanda Medjid, Leah Brennan, Casey Harkins and Kendall Goldblum.
- Goalkeeper Fiona Geier led the team from goal with 10 saves.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- AU led midway through the second half but couldn't keep pace with a late Bucknell run as the Eagles fell in their PL opener, 11-8.
- Emma Vinall paced American with her second five-goal performance of the season to just miss tying her career-high (6).
- Three other players contributed to AU's final tally with Leah Brennan, Casey Harkins, and Kendall Goldblum scoring one each. Harkins also added four assists for five points on the day while Brennan and Peyton Smith pitched in one each.
- Goalkeeper Fiona Geier came away with 12 saves.
- Vinall leads the team after the first nine games of the season, earning 31 points off a team-high 25 goals and six assists. Goldblum is close behind with 29 points (23g, 6a) followed by Brennan's 25 (18g, 7a).
- Smith is pacing the squad with 11 assists.
- Brennan leads the team in the circle with 41 draw controls while Goldblum leads in the midfield with 20 ground balls and 14 caused turnovers.
- Although all five goalkeepers have put in minutes for AU, Geier leads the group with 61 saves in her 441 minutes of play. She is averaging 9.52 goals against and a .466 save percentage.
- American leads the Patriot League with an 8.46 goals against average while Geier ranks first on the individual side with 9.44 goals against per game.
SCOUTING THE BLACK KNIGHTS
- Army is also looking for its first conference win of the season after falling to then-No. 10 Loyola Maryland, 21-7, on Saturday.
- Manuela Cortes and Jackie Brattan led the Black Knights with two goals each while Cameron Manor, Rilee Scott and Megan Raftery added one each.
- Juliana Dworschak led with six draw controls followed by Jackie Brattan (5) and Samantha Stewart (3).
- Brattan leads the team with 26 points, all off of goals, followed 24 points from Manuela Cortes (22g, 2a), Samantha Stewart (19g, 5a), and Carolina Raymond (13g, 11a).
- Maddie Burns leads the team from goal with 42 saves in her 372 minutes of play. She is averaging 9.68 goals against and a .412 save percentage.
- Army leads the Patriot League with 13.78 goals per game and only 14 turnovers per game.
- Burns ranks second in the league behind Geier with her 9.68 goals against average.
American will return home on Wednesday, March 27, to host No. 11 Loyola Maryland at 4 p.m. at Jacobs Complex.
For the latest on American University Lacrosse, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_Lacrosse.