UPDATE: The original game story had 1 p.m. listed as the start time.
Game 8 · American (4-3) at Detroit Mercy (1-4)
Wednesday, March 13, 2019 · Noon · Detroit, Mich. (Titan Field)
Series Record: Detroit Mercy leads, 1-0
WASHINGTON - The American University lacrosse team is set to close its two-game spring break series in Michigan on Wednesday as the Eagles (4-3) travel to Detroit Mercy (1-4) for a noon draw.
- Detroit Mercy claimed the series debut last season in Washington, D.C., 16-8.
- Then-senior Lexi Perez and Emma Vinall paced AU with two goals each while Leah Brennan, Erica Skowron, Izabella Jade, and Peyton Smith added one each. Skowron also pitched in the lone assist for the day.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- American nabbed its second road victory of the season on Saturday with an 11-10 win over Central Michigan to open the two-game series.
- Leah Brennan led the Eagles with four goals but it was Casey Harkins who put away the game-winner in the final six minutes of play.
- That marked the second consecutive hat trick for Brennan, and it would have tied her career-high if not for the five goals last week during the win over Howard. She pitched in a pair of assists, though, to earn the career-high six points.
- Emma Vinall, Kendall Goldblum, and Amanda Medjid rounded out the scoring efforts for AU with two goals each.
- Brennan and Goldblum paced the Eagles in the circle with four draw controls each while Casey Aguilar-Gervase and goalkeeper Fiona Geier each picked up four ground balls.
- Geier added 10 saves in her 60 minutes of play.
- American is averaging 12.43 goals per game after their first seven of the season, and a .426 shooting percentage.
- Goldblum and Vinall continue to lead the Eagles with 26 points each (20g, 6a) followed by Brennan with 20 off 15 goals and five assists.
- Brennan dominates the draw circle with 36 draw controls so far followed by 21 from Goldblum, who also leads the team in the midfield with 15 ground balls.
- Geier works as the primary goalkeeper for the Eagles and is averaging 9.68 goals against and a .469 save percentage on the season.
SCOUTING THE TITANS
- Detroit Mercy is looking to break its two-game skid after dropping games against Cincinnati, 18-8, and Duquesne, 23-9.
- The Titans are led by SoCon Offensive Player of the Month (February), Lexie Kinmond, who has earned 22 points (11g, 11a) so far this season. She also leads the conference with 4.4 points per game and 2.2 assists per game.
- Kaitlyn Wandelt ranks sixth in Division I with 7.6 draw controls per game, she leads the team with 38 over the first five games of the season.
- Wandelt also ranks 12th in the country with 3.8 ground balls per game (19).
- Allison McDonough leads Detroit Mercy from goal with 44 saves in her 258 minutes of play. She is averaging 20.21 goals against per game and a .336 save percentage.
The Eagles will open Patriot League play on the road with a trip to Bucknell on Sunday, March 17. AU will return home on Saturday, March 23, to host Army West Point at 1 p.m.
For the latest on American University Lacrosse, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_Lacrosse.