Game 6 · American (3-3) at Central Michigan (2-3)
Monday, March 11, 2019 · 3 p.m. · Mount Pleasant, Mich. (Central Michigan Soccer/Lacrosse Complex)
Series Record: Central Michigan leads, 1-0
WASHINGTON - The American University lacrosse team (3-3) will look to keep the momentum rolling next week as the Eagles enter a two-game series in Michigan after back-to-back victories at home last week. The Eagles will open the trip with a 3 p.m. draw at Central Michigan on Monday, followed by a 1 p.m. start at Detroit Mercy on Wednesday.
- The Chippewas came away with the 12-10 win in the series debut last season, staging a late comeback in Washington, D.C., after trailing 7-4 at the half.
- Peyton Smith, Emma Vinall, and Erica Skowron paced the Eagles with two goals each, followed by one from Izabella Jade, Kendall Goldblum, and then-senior Lexi Perez.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- American is coming off a pair of dominant home victories last week with wins over Presbyterian, 21-3, and Howard, 19-3.
- Three Eagles came away with hat tricks against the Bison, starting with the five-goal effort of Leah Brennan for a new career-high.
- Kendall Goldblum added four goals, followed by three from Emma Vinall, two from Casey Harkins and Izabella Jade, and one from Stefanie Walsh, Brooke Stapleton, and Amanda Medjid.
- Goldblum leads the team with four hat tricks so far this season, followed by Vinall who has scored three consecutive starting with a career-high six goals against George Mason on Feb. 27.
- Goldblum and Vinall both lead the team with 24 points each (18g, 6a), followed by 14 from Brennan (11g, 3a) and 13 from Jade (9g, 4a).
- Smith has pitched in a team-high nine assists along with her one goal.
- Goldblum also paces the team with 14 ground balls and 10 caused turnovers while Brennan has brought down a team-high 32 draw controls.
- Fiona Geier continues to lead the team in goal, although all five keepers have put in minutes throughout the six games so far this season.
- Geier is averaging 9.61 goals against and a .461 save percentage in her 256 minutes in goal.
SCOUTING THE CHIPPEWAS
- CMU is looking to snap the two-game skid after dropping games on the west coast to San Diego State, 16-10, and UC Davis, 12-8.
- Jocelyne Lemay led the Chippewas with her third-consecutive hat trick, scoring three goals followed by two from Shannon Doyle.
- Jessica Schuchardt paces CMU's overall efforts so far this season with 14 points (10g, 4a), followed by 12 from Lemay (11g, 1a) and 11 from Natalie Karlen (10g, 1a).
- Both Schuchardt and Lemay have earned game-winners so far this season.
- Doyle leads the team in the midfield with 15 ground balls and seven caused turnovers.
- Anna Schoonover has dominated in the circle for CMU with 26 draw controls.
- All three goalkeepers have put in minutes for the Chippewas with Dominique Hamman starting all five games so far this season. She is averaging 13.98 goals against and a .500 save percentage in her 244 minutes of play.
American will close its spring break trip to Michigan on Wednesday with a 1 p.m. draw at Detroit Mercy. From there, the Eagles will prep for their conference opener at Bucknell on Sunday, March 17.
For the latest on American University Lacrosse, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_Lacrosse.