WASHINGTON– Leah Brennan finished with five goals, Kendall Goldblum added four and Emma Vinall also had a hat trick as American University rolled past Howard, 19-3, in a non-conference women's lacrosse match Wednesday at Jacobs Complex.
The victory gave the Eagles back-to-back victories and evened their record at 3-3. The Bison fell to 0-2.
• Brennan had five of her goals in the first half, as American took a 14-0 lead to the break. Goldblum and Vinall also posted hat tricks before the break.
• Vinall added three assists to finish with six points, while Peyton Smith dished out five assists for the winners. Goldblum also had five points, while Izabella Jade hit the stat sheet with two goals and two assists.
• AU held a 22-0 edge in shots by halftime and finished with a 32-12 advantage.
• Howard goalkeeper Andrea Fievre had seven saves for the Bison.
• Howard, which suffered a shutout in its first game of the season, got on the board with 18:25 left on a goal by Lailah Robey. Jillian Jones and Sydney Saunders added tallies in the final five minutes for the Bison.
• The three wins for the Eagles thus far match the full-season win totals posted by AU in each of the last two seasons.
• American has scored 40 points in its last two games, as the Eagles rolled past Presbyterian, 21-3, last Saturday.
American heads to the state of Michigan for a Spring Break trip, playing games at Central Michigan (March 11) and at Detroit Mercy (March 13). The Eagles open Patriot League play at Bucknell on Sunday, March 17 before returning home to face Army West Point on Saturday, March 23 at 1 p.m.
For the latest on American University Lacrosse, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_Lacrosse.