Game 4 · American (1-2) vs. George Mason (1-2)
Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2019 · 3 p.m. · Washington, D.C. (Jacobs Complex)
Series Record: George Mason leads, 17-3
WASHINGTON - The American University lacrosse team (1-2) returns to Jacobs Complex on Wednesday to battle for its first home win of the season with a 3 p.m. draw against George Mason (1-2).
- Mason came away with a 13-7 victory to open the 20-game series on March 24, 1994. Since then, the Patriots have gone on a 17-3 run against the Eagles.
- AU earned a decisive 15-3 victory over Mason during the last meeting between the two teams on March 26, 2014.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- American is looking to bounce back after a 15-7 loss to Richmond on Saturday, Feb. 23. The Eagles held tight with the Spiders before a 6-0 run midway through the second half put Richmond out of reach.
- Kendall Goldblum led the team with a career-high five goals followed by Leah Brennan and Amanda Medjid with one goal each. Brennan also added the day's only assist for two points.
- Goldblum also pulled down a team-high eight draw controls while Medjid and Casey Aguilar-Gervase each came away with three ground balls.
- Goldblum leads the team after the first three games of the season with 10 points off nine goals and an assist.
- Brennan is next with five points (4g, 1a), followed by Izabella Jade and Emma Vinall with four goals each.
- Fiona Geier leads the team in goal with 32 saves in her 184 minutes of play, averaging 10.11 goals against per game and a .508 save percentage.
- The Eagles are averaging 8.67 goals per game off 28 shots per game, and are hitting a .310 shooting percentage.
SCOUTING THE PATRIOTS
- Mason enters the game after its first win of the season after the Patriots put up a dominant 16-9 victory over Longwood on Saturday.
- Chachi Kelehan paced Mason with four goals and three assists for seven points followed by Deanna Balsama who earned her first career hat trick.
- Nine other players came away with goals for the day to close out the well-rounded effort.
- Balsama leads the team's overall scoring efforts for the season with seven goals and three assists (10 pts.) followed by eight points from Kelehan (4g, 4a).
- Erin Donoghue leads the Patriots in the circle with 19 draw controls while Melissa Semkiw has picked up a team-high 10 ground balls in the first three games of the season.
AU will be back home for a pair of games starting with a noon draw against Presbyterian on Saturday, March 2, followed by Howard at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, March 6. The Howard contest is a makeup date after the original game was postponed on Feb. 20 due to weather.
For the latest on American University Lacrosse, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_Lacrosse.