Game 3 · American (1-1) at Richmond (1-1)
Saturday, Feb. 23, 2019 · 4 p.m. · Richmond, Va. (Robins Stadium)
All-Time Record: Richmond leads, 24-2
WASHINGTON – After postponing Wednesday's home contest against Howard, the American University women's lacrosse team (1-1) is back in action this weekend as the Eagles look to earn their second consecutive road win of the season at Richmond (1-1).
- The Spiders lead the 26-game series, 24-2, after hitting a 14-game win streak against the Eagles since 2001.
- Richmond came away with a 13-6 win at AU last season. Among the goal scorers from that game for AU were returners Brooke Stapleton, Emma Vinall, and Peyton Smith. Vinall led the Eagles with her first career hat trick.
- The last American win over Richmond was in 2001 when the Eagles came away with the 10-7 home victory.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- AU is coming off its first win of the season on Feb. 16 after overpowering Old Dominion on the road, 11-7.
- Kendall Goldblum paced the Eagles with the only hat trick of the game, followed by two goals from Leah Brennan, Emma Vinall, and Izabella Jade. Peyton Smith and Brooke Stapleton rounded out the Eagles' scoring with one goal each.
- Goldblum also pitched in AU's only assist of the day for the four-point performance.
- Goalkeeper Fiona Geier picked up 14 saves on the day.
- Goldblum leads the Eagles with five points so far this season off four goals and one assist.
- Jade and Vinall both sit alongside her with a team-high four goals, followed by three from Brennan.
- Erica Skowron leads the team with two assists after the first two games of the season.
- Goldblum also ranks first on the team with five ground balls while Brennan leads in the draw circle with 11 draw controls.
- Goldblum and Vinall have each earned a team-high five caused turnovers.
- Geier leads the team from goal with 21 saves after the first two games and a 7.73 goals against average.
SCOUTING THE SPIDERS
- Richmond opened the season with a 15-8 win over Campbell before falling at home to No. 12 Virginia, 19-5.
- The Spiders return the 2018 A-10 Defensive Player of the Year with Julie Ball, along with two-time A-10 First Team selection Megan Gianforte and program record-holder for single-game and single-season goals, Katie Sciandra.
- Marissa Brown leads the team after the first two games with seven points off five goals and two assists.
- Mia Castagnero has also put away a team-high five goals while both Sam Geiersbach and Sciandra have earned three goals each.
- Ball leads the team with nine ground balls and seven caused turnovers while Madison Ostrick has pulled down a team-high seven draw controls.
- Megan Gianforte leads the team from goal with 20 saves and a 14.48 goals against average.
The Eagles will return home on Wednesday, Feb. 27, to host George Mason at 3 p.m.
For the latest on American University Lacrosse, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_Lacrosse.