WASHINGTON – Kendall Goldblum posted a hat trick in the opening five minutes on her way to five goals that lifted American University to a 19-8 victory over Durham University in a women's lacrosse exhibition match Saturday at the Jacobs Complex.
• Goldblum had three goals in the first 4:19 of the game as American jumped ahead quickly. The Eagles held leads of 5-0 and 10-1 in the opening 15 minutes of the game.
• Goldblum scored all five of her goals in the first half, sparking the Eagles to a 12-5 lead at halftime.
• Skowron and Leah Brennan each had a pair of goals in a six-goal run that pushed AU's edge to 18-5 with 9:47 remaining.
• Peyton Smith finished with two goals and two assists for the Eagles. Seven different players scored goals for AU.
• Amanda Seekamp led the Durham offense with three goals and four points.
• American held a 33-15 edge in shots and a 20-10 advantage in ground balls.
The Eagles begin their regular-season schedule on Wednesday, Feb. 13 when the play host to UMBC at 3 p.m.