WASHINGTON - The American University field hockey team (1-2) will close out its two-game weekend on the road with a noon start at Old Dominion (0-1) on Sunday.
- ODU leads the 35-game series against the Eagles, 31-4.
- This will be the 10th consecutive season that AU has met the Monarchs during the regular season. ODU edged the Eagles in D.C. last year, 1-0.
- American's last win over Old Dominion was in 2015, 3-2.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- AU faced its first major test of the season on Friday with a trip to No. 16 Delaware, falling to the Blue Hens, 4-0.
- AU split the first weekend of the season at home with a 4-2 win over New Hampshire before suffering its first defeat of the year after a late goal from Richmond, 3-2.
- Sophomore Hannah Moser leads the team after a strong opening weekend with a pair of goals.
- Four other Eagles have contributed to AU's tally after three games with junior Noor Coenen, senior Jette Dieckmann, and a pair of newcomers in junior transfer Gaby de Kock and freshman Megan Hoffman.
- Coenen and sophomore Atina Pagani have pitched in the team's only assists so far this season with one each.
- Freshman goalkeeper Fiona Minter has started all three games so far during her debut season. She enters Sunday's contest with three saves and a 3.50 goals against average.
SCOUTING THE MONARCHS
- This is only the second game of the season for the Monarchs after they opened with a 3-0 loss to No. 11 Virginia.
- ODU was selected to finish fourth in the Big East Preseason Poll behind Preseason All-Big East selections Rebecca Birch and Erin Huffman.
- Birch led Old Dominion last season with 10 goals and 23 points followed by Huffman's nine goals and 22 points.
- The Monarchs return goalkeeper Cam MacGillivray who played 214 minutes last season and collected four saves while holding a 1.30 goals against average.
For the latest on American University Field Hockey, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter (@AU_FieldHockey) and Instagram (@aufieldhockey).