LEWISBURG, Pa. – American University continues its three-match road swing on Friday when it travels to Bucknell for a dual match with the Bison, starting at 7 p.m.
The Eagles are now 3-4 overall and 3-2 in the Eastern Intercollegiate Wrestling Association after a 21-16 come-from-behind win at Drexel last week. AU has won three of its last four after starting the season 0-3.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
• Senior Jack Mutchnik finished off the win over the Dragons with a third-period takedown and a 3-2 decision in the final bout of the match at 141 pounds. Mutchnik leads the Eagles with a 20-8 overall record and with 19 dual-match points.
• Mutchnik, ranked 32nd in the most recent NCAA coaches panel list, has one of the biggest matchups against Bucknell when he faces 29th-ranked Joey Gould.
• Senior Josh Terao is on a four-match winning streak at 133, coming into Friday with a 16-4 record overall. Terao is five victories away from becoming the ninth Eagle in history with 100 career wins.
SCOUTING THE BISON
• Bucknell is currently 6-7 in duals and carries a 4-3 record in EIWA matches. The Bison lost to 17th-ranked North Carolina, 31-6, and beat Franklin & Marshall, 35-6, last weekend.
• D.J. Hollingshead (165) and Drew Phipps (197) each went 2-0 last week.
• In addition to Gould, Bucknell placed freshman Zach Hartman (10th at 157) in the NCAA coaches panel. Hartman leads the Bison with a 19-5 record and is tied with Phipps for the team lead in dual victories with 10.
The Eagles travel to Navy on Feb. 14 before returning home for their final two dual matches of the season. American plays host to George Mason on Friday, Feb. 15 and hosts Senior Night on Friday, Feb. 22 at 7 p.m. against Old Dominion.
FREE ADMISSION TO FEDERAL WORKERS
AU Athletics has extended its offer for two free tickets to all federal government workers for the remainder of the winter-sport seasons.
With a valid federal government ID, fans will receive free admission for themselves and a guest to support and cheer on the AU Eagles to victory.
For more information and complete details, contact the AU Athletics Ticket Office at 202-885-TIXX.
To purchase tickets and view full schedules click here!
Tickets to all home duals for the 2019 season are on sale now.
- Bring a group of 10+ and save over 40% off your purchase…
- $3 per person
- Join us in Bender Arena for individual duals…
- Adult – General Admission: $8.00
- Youth (17 & below) / Senior (65+) – General Admission: $5.00
- Military/Veterans – General Admission: Free Admission with Identification
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS!
For inquiries e-mail email@example.com or call 202.885.TIXX (8499).