Sep 02, 2019
WASHINGTON — The American University men's soccer team played to a scoreless tie with George Washington University in the 2019 Home Opener for the Eagles on Monday afternoon.
- George Washington finished the game with a 20-8 edge in shots and an 8-2 advantage in shots on goal.
- The game ended scoreless due to the tremendous goalkeeping on both sides of the field.
- American junior keeper Jake Agnew made eight saves while GW's Justin Grady made two saves.
- Agnew faced tests throughout the contest but stood tall in goal and kept the Colonials off the board.
- Alameen Salako and Brenner Jarrad each recorded shots on goal for American.
- Attendance for the contest was 1,553.
- American will hit the road for the next two weekends with games in North Carolina (Campbell and Appalachian State) and California (California and Stanford).
- General admission tickets for adults are $8
- General admission tickets for youth and seniors are $5
- Military and veterans are free with a valid ID