Nov 06, 2018
HAMILTON, N.Y. — The American University men's soccer team season ended on Tuesday evening with a 3-2 overtime loss to Colgate in the Patriot League Quarterfinals.
- American played the final 46 minutes a man down and then last seven minutes two players down due to red cards.
- Viggo Sjoberg scored his second goal of the season in the seventh minute after a failed clear attempt.
- Matt Sloan gave the Eagles a 2-0 lead with a rebound in front of the net.
- Colgate scored three straight goals, with the game-tying goal coming in the 85th minute.
- The Raiders won the contest 1:31 into the first overtime with a goal from Kentaro Morrison.
- Colgate outshot American 30-5.
- AU keeper Lucas Manso made one save before John Mino replaced him and made eight saves.
- Colgate keeper Jacob Harris made three saves.