Nov 02, 2018
WASHINGTON — The American University men's soccer team will conclude the regular season on Friday evening at Army West Point with the chance to finish as high as second in the upcoming Patriot League Tournament.
- PL Tournament Scenarios — The final games of the season will be played over a span of two days (Friday and Saturday). American, who plays on Friday will not know its seeding (in or out) of the tournament until Saturday evening. The following is a breakdown of what the Eagles need to do to stay in the hunt for a spot.
- Win: Clinches a postseason berth, could claim the No. 2 seed if Lehigh loses to Holy Cross and Colgate ties Boston U.
- Tie: Clinches a postseason berth, can be as high as the No. 5 seed.
- Loss: Can clinch the No. 6 seed if Navy defeats Bucknell
- American as the second seed — Clinches a postseason berth, could claim the No. 2 seed if Lehigh loses to Holy Cross and Colgate ties Boston U.
- American as the third seed — American beats Army, Colgate defeats Boston U and Holy Cross defeats Lehigh
- American as the fourth seed — American beats Army, Lehigh tie Holy Cross, Colgate and Boston U. tie.
- American as the fifth seed — American ties Army West Point and Colgate beats Boston U. and Bucknell and Navy tie.
- American as the sixth seed — American loses to Army West Point and Bucknell loses to Navy.
- American out of the tournament — Lose to Army and Bucknell beats Navy
- No More Rain — In what should have been the final home game to be played at Reeves Field during the regular season, a Noreaster flooded the six-yard box causing American to find a new home against Lafayette. The game was moved down Foxhall Road to George Washington's Mount Vernon Campus. Sophomore Brenner Jarrad scored for AU in the 37th minute but Lafayette's Adam Bramson scored in the 58th minute.
- Army West Point Scout — Keenan O'Shea leads the Black Knights with nine goals and 22 points. In goal, Justin Stoll has played in all 16 games and posts a 1.47 goals against average.
- Patriot League Quarterfinals begin on Tuesday afternoon. If American finishes anywhere from third to sixth, AU will play on Tuesday (site yet to be determined). If the Eagles are the second seed, they will get a bye to the semifinals played at Loyola Maryland next Friday.