Oct 27, 2018
WASHINGTON — Weather forced the contest to George Washington's Mount Vernon Campus Field where @AU_MSoccer took a lead into the half but Lafayette tied the contest for a 1-1 decision on Saturday.
- The contest originally scheduled for 2 p.m. was moved to the turf field at GW due to heavy rain flooding Reeves Field overnight.
- With the tie, American can't finish higher than second place with one game remaining.
- Sophomore Brenner Jarrad scored for American in the 37th minute to take a 1-0 lead.
- The Leopards tied the game off a corner kick by Andrew Venezia that was stuck by Adam Bramson into the net.
- Lafayette used the corner to its advantage for most of the game with a 14-6 edge.
- The visitors also took a 14-11 edge in shots.
- Freshman keeper Lucas Manso made five saves, including a game-saving stop in the 90th minute off a shot by Ryan Goncalves.
- Lafayette keeper Alex Sutton made six saves.
- American travels to Army West Point next Saturday.