WASHINGTON — Loyola Maryland scored three goals in the first 22 minutes of play to secure a 4-1 win over American on Wednesday afternoon at Reeves Field.
- Junior Fabio Massaro scored his seventh goal of the season on a penalty kick for American in the 89th minute.
- Loyola scored three times in the first half with goals from Sam Brown, Nico Brown and Brian Saramago.
- The Greyhounds added one more goal in the 70th minute from David Gunter.
- Loyola outshot American 9-4 with the Eagles taking four corner kicks.
- Freshman keeper Lucas Manso made two saves. Loyola keeper Chase Vosvick did not record a save.
- With the win, Loyola clinches a spot in the Patriot League Tournament and sits in first place prior to the league night games.
- Regardless of the loss, American still stands in the Patriot League Tournament hosting bubble but will need to win its final two games.
- AU hosts Lafayette on Saturday.
Tickets to all AU men's soccer matches at Reeves Field are available throughout the season.
- Bring a group of 10+ and save over 40 percent off your purchase, available at $3 per person
- Individual game tickets are available for $8 for adults, $5 for general admission, youth under 17 and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID.
- CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
- For inquiries, e-mail email@example.com or call 202.885.TIXX (8499)