PORTLAND — Playing with 10 players for the final 45 minutes — including overtime — the American University men's soccer team held No. 20 Portland to a 2-2 double-overtime tie on Sunday evening.
- A total of 12 cards were issued in the contest with sophomore Jerry Zouantcha picking up two yellow cards to put American a man-down in the 66th minute.
- Zouantcha gave the Eagles a 1-0 lead in the 17th minute from just inside the box.
- Sophomore Nicholas Dimitrijevic was credited with the assist on Zouantcha's goal.
- Dimitrijevic added his third point of the game with his first goal of the season and eighth career goal in the 82nd minute with the Eagles playing a man-down.
- Junior Lucas Manso was brilliant in goal for AU and finished with seven saves including a few uncredited stops in the final minutes of the second overtime.
- Portland was led by Rey Ortiz and Gio Manga-Rivera who scored for the Pilots.
- Portland finished with a 34-9 edge in shots and 8-2 in corner kicks.
- Portland keeper Kienan Weekes made one save on three shots.
- American will host begin Patriot League play next weekend at Boston U. on Saturday, Sept. 22 at 1 p.m.
- The Eagles will open home PL play at Reeves Field on Sept. 29 against Bucknell at 2 p.m.
Tickets to all AU men's soccer matches at Reeves Field are available throughout the season.
- Bring a group of 10+ and save over 40 percent off your purchase, available at $3 per person
- Individual game tickets are available for $8 for adults, $5 for general admission, youth under 17 and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID.
- CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
- For inquiries, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.885.TIXX (8499).