Sep 14, 2018
WASHINGTON — The American University men's soccer team hit the road this weekend to the Northwestern part of the United States to take on Oregon State and Portland.
- Friday With the Beavers — The Eagles will take on Oregon State at 7 p.m. Pacific / 10 p.m. Eastern. American defeated the Beavers, 1-0, last season at a neutral-site contest in Spokane, Washington. Junior John Mino made eight saves for his first shutout as an Eagle.
- Beavers Scout — Oregon State enters the game unbeaten in the previous five games (3-0-2). Don Tchilao leads the Beavers in goals (3), points (8) and shots (11). Adrian Fernandez has three wins on the season with a 0.80 goals against average.
- Bring Back Voodoo Donuts, Please — American will conclude the weekend against No. 20 Portland on Sunday evening at 7 p.m. Pacific / 10 p.m. Eastern. This is the first-ever meeting between American and Portland.
- This is Your Captain Speaking — Benji Michel leads the Pilots this season in points (10), goals (5) and shots (19). Kienan Weekes has won all four games this season with a 0.75 goals against average.
- No More Rain— AU has sat idle since last Saturday, a 1-1 double overtime tie with Mount St. Mary's. Poor field conditions canceled the Gardner-Webb game on Sunday due to the continuing storm that slowly crept out of the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- Fabio Leads Way — Junior Fabio Massaro leads the Eagles in goals this season with two. Massaro scored to tie the game for American in the last home game against Mount St. Mary's.
- Up Next — American begins Patriot League play next Saturday at Boston U. before opening up league play at home on Sept. 29 against Bucknell.