WASHINGTON — Junior Fabio Massaro tied the game in the 84th minute on a penalty kick to help the American University men's soccer team to a 1-1 double-overtime tie with Mount St. Mary's on Saturday afternoon.
- Fabio Massaro scored his second goal as an Eagle on a penalty kick that was drawn by Jerry Zouantcha.
- In the 47th minute, Mount St. Mary's Joel Tshiani scored off a header from a corner kick by Jonathan Godette.
- In the 70th minute, sophomore Brenner Jarrad had a chance to tie the game, but MSM keeper Bobby Edwards punched the ball over the crossbar.
- Zouantcha nearly gave the Eagles an overtime win in the 95th minute, but his shot to the right side was stopped by Edwards.
- American finished the contest with a 24-7 edge in shots and a 7-2 advantage in corner kicks.
- AU keeper Lucas Manso did not record a save in the tie.
- Mount keeper Bobby Edwards made seven saves.
- American will host Gardner-Webb to conclude the Capitol Cup on Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m. The Eagles will then travel out West to take on Portland and Oregon State next Weekend.
Tickets to all AU men's soccer matches at Reeves Field are available throughout the season.
- Bring a group of 10+ and save over 40 percent off your purchase, available at $3 per person
- Individual game tickets are available for $8 for adults, $5 for general admission, youth under 17 and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID.
- CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
- For inquiries, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.885.TIXX (8499).