Game 26 · American (13-11, 7-6 PL) at Colgate (16-10, 8-5 PL)
Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2019 · 7 p.m. · Easton, Pa. (Kirby Sports Center)
All-Time Record: American leads, 37-25
TV: RCN (Ch. 8 or 678 HD)
Stream: Patriot League Network on Stadium
Talent: Gary Laubach (pxp), John Leone (analyst), Mike Joseph (Sideline)
Game Notes: American | Lafayette
WASHINGTON — With four games remaining, the American University men's basketball team needs to secure a win to stay in the hunt for a home Patriot League Quarterfinals game, but before looking ahead, the Eagles will travel to Lafayette on Wednesday evening.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- Sa'eed Nelson had his fourth best performance as an Eagle with 27 points in the overtime loss to Colgate. Nelson shot well at the line, connecting on 8 of 9 from the stripe.
- Stacy Beckton Jr. keeps increasing his points total with 17 making three from the outside and all four free throws. Although he did not have a great game at the glass (4 rebounds), Beckton rejected three shots.
- American outrebounded the Raiders, 34-28, and finished with 34 points in the paint. Mark Gasperini had 12 points in the pain and helped with five offensive rebounds.
- Jacob Boonyasith continues to improve as he gets more playing time. He had eight points on 2 of 3 from the outside.
SCOUTING THE LEOPARDS
- Justin Jaworski leads the Leopards in scoring, averaging 14.4 points per game. He has scored in double figures 15 straight games, dating back to Dec. 21 against Princeton. In PL play, is in the top 10 scoring 15.9 points.
- Lafayette has won its last four games — three on the road — and has scored 69 or more points in each game. Lafayette is looking for its fifth straight win against American which saw the Leopards sweep American last season twice in the regular season and in the PL First Round.
- Alex Petrie is second on the team in scoring and is a single decimal point behind Jaworski at 14.3 points per game. Petrie had scored in double figures in all but on PL game. He's scored 20 points against Army and BU.
- American visits Army West Point on Feb. 24.
- The Eagles' final regular-season home game is Feb. 27 against Lehigh.
- The regular-season finale is March 2 at Holy Cross.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- AU has extended its free two tickets offer for Federal Government workers through the men's and women's basketball and wrestling regular seasons.