Game 24 · Loyola Maryland (8-17, 4-8 PL) at American (13-10, 7 -5 PL)
Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2019 · 7 p.m. · Washington, D.C. (Bender Arena)
All-Time Record: American leads, 48-47
Stream: Patriot League Network on Stadium
Talent: Matt Martucci (pxp), Craig Esherick (analyst)
Game Notes: American | Loyola Maryland
WASHINGTON — The American University men's basketball team looks to be sustainable and sweep the season series against Loyola Maryland on Wednesday evening at Bender Arena.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- Jacob Boonyasith is averaging 13.0 points per game over the last four games. Boonyasith shot 51 percent from the floor during the span.
- Sa'eed Nelson had 11 points, 11 assists and nine rebounds in the win against Army West Point.
- Since his insertion into the starting lineup on Jan. 19 (Lafayette), Stacy Beckton Jr. is averaging 12.0 points per game. In his last two games, Beckton Jr. scored 15 points in each contest and has been a major factor for the Eagles.
SCOUTING THE GREYHOUNDS
- Andrew Kostecka leads the Patriot League in scoring, averaging 21.0 points per game. He is averaging 25.7 points over his last four games. Kostecka had his second double-double against Navy last week with 27 points and 10 rebounds.
- Loyola has not fared well when scoring between 60 and 79 points. The Greyhounds are 5-14 in games around that mark while American is 10-5. If the scoring goes in the 80s and higher, Loyola is 3-2 and American is 3-1.
- Loyola has won three of its four PL games in overtime, defeating Boston University, Holy Cross and Colgate. The Greyhounds are also 2-13 in games away from Reitz Arena.
- AU hosts Colgate on Saturday. The game will be seen live on Stadium.
- Prior to the contest, AU will honor its four seniors and one team manager on Senior Day.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- AU has extended its free two tickets offer for Federal Government workers through the men's and women's basketball and wrestling regular seasons.
- February 3-Pack: For $50 you will receive three sideline seats to any three games during the month.
- AU fans and alumni receive a special 10% discount off any order now through Thursday, Feb. 14. Call 301.986.0986 and mention "AU Athletics" or visit www.ChevyChaseFlorist.com and use coupon code "GoAU" to receive your discount.