ANNAPOLIS, Md. — Sa'eed Nelson scored 21 of his 24 points in the second half and despite making 10 of its first 12 field goals in the second half, American had its four-game winning streak snapped at Navy, 77-67, on Wednesday evening.
- American had three players finish in double figures — Nelson (24), Stacy Beckton Jr., (15) and Mark Gasperini (13).
- Nelson added nine rebounds and six assists to his line in 33 minutes.
- American dropped its first double-digit contest since Northwestern on Nov. 16, a 63-51 loss to the Wildcats.
- AU trailed 33-27 at the half and never led by more than one point in the second half.
- Navy was led by Hasan Abdullah with 23 points. George Kiernan had 17 points and five rebounds for the Mids.
- AU hosts Army West Point on Saturday. The game will be seen live on NBC Sports Washington.
- Saturday's contest will be the Stafford H. "Pop" Cassell Hall of Fame Day where American University will honor former men's basketball player Andre Ingram, field hockey sisters Camila and Denise Infante and head volleyball coach Barry Goldberg.
- Tickets are still available for the cocktail reception and induction dinner by calling 202-885-3001 or visit AUeagles.com/eaglesclub.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- AU has extended its free two tickets offer for Federal Government workers through the men's and women's basketball and wrestling regular seasons.
- February 3-Pack: For $50 you will receive three sideline seats to any three games during the month.
- AU fans and alumni receive a special 10% discount off any order now through Thursday, Feb. 14. Call 301.986.0986 and mention "AU Athletics" or visit www.ChevyChaseFlorist.com and use coupon code "GoAU" to receive your discount.
@AU_MBasketball Postgame Highlights vs. Navy (2/6/19)— American U. Men's Basketball (@AU_MBasketball) February 7, 2019
Sa'eed Nelson had 21 of his 24 points in the second half to lead all scorers. Nelson also had nine points and six assists. Stacy Beckton Jr. had 15 points and Mark Gasperini added 13. pic.twitter.com/FnB3KXPO6H