Game 22 · American (12-9, 6-4 PL) at Navy (7-14, 4-6 PL)
Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2019 · 7 p.m. · Annapolis, Md. (Alumni Hall)
All-Time Record: American leads, 46-42
WASHINGTON — The battle of Route 50 begins Military appreciation week for the Eagles as men's basketball visits the United States Naval Academy to extend its four-game winning streak.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- With two injuries that forced American to go small, the Eagles utilized a four guard offense and found a deep threat in Jacob Boonyasith, who scored a team-best 17 points.
- Sa'eed Nelson had 15 points. nine assists, seven rebounds, three steals, two blocks and ZERO turnovers against the Crusaders.
- Larry Motuzis had 11 points and eight rebounds against Holy Cross. He was two rebounds away from his second American double-double. Motuzis had 14 points and 12 rebounds at Lehigh on Jan. 14, 2018. Motuzis nearly had a double-double against Loyola Maryland with nine points and 10 rebounds on Jan. 11, 2018.
SCOUTING THE MIDSHIPMEN
- George Kiernan leads the Mids this season with 12.7 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. Since his 17 point performance against American in the first meeting, Kiernan is averaging 14.2 points per game.
- Evan Wieck had 16 points in the previous meeting with American and is fourth on the squad at 7.9 points per game. He is second on the team in rebounds and first in field goal percentage (70.5). Wieck has reached double figures in five of his last six games.
- Cam Davis and Hasan Abdullah are two Mids that can change the pace of a game. Abdullah leads the team in assists (4.4) while Davis' double figures average (10.3) is second on the squad.
- AU hosts Army West Point on Saturday. The game will be seen live on NBC Sports Washington.
- Saturday's contest will be the Stafford H. "Pop" Cassell Hall of Fame Day where American University will honor former men's basketball player Andre Ingram, field hockey sisters Camila and Denise Infante and head volleyball coach Barry Goldberg.
- Tickets are still available for the cocktail reception and induction dinner by calling 202-885-3001 or visit AUeagles.com/eaglesclub.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- AU has extended its free two tickets offer for Federal Government workers through the men's and women's basketball and wrestling regular seasons.
- February 3-Pack: For $50 you will receive three sideline seats to any three games during the month.