WASHINGTON — Jacob Boonyasith had a season-best 17 points on 5-of-10 from three to lead American over Holy Cross, 66-49, on Saturday afternoon at Bender Arena.
- The win gives AU its fourth-straight Patriot League win. The last time AU had four consecutive league wins was the final four games of the 2015-16 season.
- Sa'eed Nelson had 15 points, nine assists and seven rebounds. Nelson's had two double-doubles this year and came close to a triple-double against UMES (11-7-11).
- Larry Motuzis also nearly completed a double-double with 11 points and eight rebounds.
- Stacy Beckton Jr. had his ninth double-figures contest of the season with 10 points and five rebounds.
- American led by 24 at the half (42-18) and started the game on a 12-0 run.
- For Holy Cross, Jehyve Floyd had 16 points and seven rebounds.
- AU visits Navy on Wednesday before return to Bender to face Army West Point next Saturday.
- Saturday's contest will be the Stafford H. "Pop" Cassell Hall of Fame Day where American University will honor former men's basketball player Andre Ingram, field hockey sisters Camila and Denise Infante and head volleyball coach Barry Goldberg.
- Tickets are still available for the cocktail reception and induction dinner by calling 202-885-3001 or visit AUeagles.com/eaglesclub.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- AU has extended its free two tickets offer for Federal Government workers through the men's and women's basketball and wrestling regular seasons.
- February 3-Pack: For $50 you will receive three sideline seats to any three games during the month.
@AU_MBasketball Postgame Highlights vs. Holy Cross (2/2/19)— American U. Men's Basketball (@AU_MBasketball) February 2, 2019
Jacob Boonyasith led the Eagles with a season-best 17 points on 5-of-10 from the outside. Sa'eed Nelson had 15 points, nine assists and seven rebounds. Larry Motuzis had 11 points and eight rebounds. pic.twitter.com/9cvvPnA4hc