BALTIMORE — Center Mark Gasperini finished with a career-high 21 points to lead American to its third-straight win 74-68 over Loyola Maryland at Reitz Arena on Wednesday.
- Gasperini had his best offensive game as an Eagle shooting 10-13 from the field along with five rebounds and four steals.
- Jacob Boonyasith has a season-best 13 points on 4-6 from the field and 3-5 from the outside in 28 minutes. Boonyasith played well defensively with three rebounds, three steals and one block.
- Cheikh 'CB' Diallo got the most out of his 23 minutes with eight points on 4-5 from the field.
- Sa'eed Nelson finished with 10 points, six assists, five rebounds and five steals.
- Larry Motuzis and Stacy Beckton Jr. combined for 19 points (nine at the line) and seven rebounds.
- Loyola led by 10 midway through the first half but a 9-0 run by the Eagles led to a 33-33 tie at the break.
- Andrew Kostecka led the Greyhounds with 22 points and KaVaughn Scott had 13 points and 11 rebounds.
- AU hosts Holy Cross on Saturday.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- AU has extended its free two ticket offer for Federal Government workers through the men's and women's basketball and wrestling regular seasons.
- February 3-Pack: For $50 you will receive three sideline seats to any three games during the month.
@AU_MBasketball Postgame Highlights vs. Loyola Maryland (1/30/19)— American U. Men's Basketball (@AU_MBasketball) January 31, 2019
A game of highs for American. Mark Gasperini with a career-high 21 points. Jacob Boonyasith with a season-best 13 points and CB Diallo with a season-high eight points. pic.twitter.com/wAVCHyDSxx