Game 18 · American (8-9, 2-4 PL) at Boston Univ. (9-10, 2-4 PL)
Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2019 · 5 p.m. · Boston, Mass. (Case Gym)
All-Time Record: Boston leads, 10-6
Stream: Patriot League Network on Stadium
Talent: Doug Brown (pxp), Brian Mauer (analyst)
Game Notes: American | Boston Univ.
WASHINGTON — The American University men's basketball team gets back on the court Wednesday to conclude the season series with Boston University. American defeated BU 86-74 on Jan. 2.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- Sa'eed Nelson had 18 points, six rebounds, five assists and four steals in an overtime loss to Lafayette on Saturday. Nelson is averaging 22.5 points since league play began.
- Stacy Beckton Jr. set a new career-high with 18 points in his first start of the season. Beckton also had eight rebounds, three assists and three steals.
- Sam Iorio added 17 points and hit a 3-pointer to send the game to overtime with 33 seconds left to play.
- Josh Alexander tied a season-best 12 points in 21 minutes on 4 of 5 from the field. Alexander has scored at least a point in each of the last 10 games.
SCOUTING THE TERRIERS
- Max Mahoney continues to lead the Terriers on all sides of the ball. Mahoney is fourth in the league, averaging 17.0 points per game and 6.0 rebounds. Since the first meeting, Mahoney scored 31 points at Loyola Maryland and had a pair of 20-point games against Bucknell and Navy.
- An 18-point performance against the Eagles, Tyler Scanlon hit a rough patch in three games with eight points at Army, three against Navy and seven against Loyola. Scanlon is still second on the team in scoring at 12.4 PPG.
- Rookie Jonas Harper has stepped up since conference season started. He had a season-best 15 points against Army and then added 14 points against Navy and 12 versus Loyola.
- American will host Bucknell on Saturday at 4 p.m. as part of a doubleheader with the women's team who hosts Lafayette at noon.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- Two Free tickets to all Federal Government workers for the month of January to all home events.
- February 3-Pack: For $50 you will receive three courtside seats to any three games during the month.