Game 15 · American (8-6, 2-1 PL) at Bucknell (8-7, 2-1 PL)
Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019 · 12 p.m. · Lewisburg, Pa. (Sojka Pavilion)
All-Time Record: Bucknell leads 41-22
Stream: Patriot League Network on Stadium
Talent: Doug Birdsong (pxp)
Game Notes: American | Bucknell
WASHINGTON — Coming off a win against Navy on Wednesday, the American men's basketball team ventures away from Bender Arena for a pair starting at back-to-back PL Champs Bucknell on Saturday followed by Lehigh next Wednesday. The Bison enter the contest tied with American at 2-1 in the Patriot League.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- Sa'eed Nelson led all scorers with 25 points and had five assists, four assists, two steals and two blocks. Nelson's 25-point performance is his sixth best single-game output and seventh 20-plus points game this year.
- Mark Gasperini and Larry Motuzis each had 12 points with Motuzis scoring eight in the final 3:10 and five in the final minute of play.
- Sam Iorio had nine points, a team-high six rebounds, four assists, and tied a season-best three blocks.
- Off the bench, American got a combined 13 points from Stacy Beckton Jr. (7) and Josh Alexander (6).
SCOUTING THE BISON
- With the loss of Nana Foulland and Zach Thomas, Bucknell built from within. Nate Sestina took over at front and "center" and leads the Bison in nearly all statistical categories. Sestina is averaging 16.2 points, 8.5 rebound per game and is shooting 45 percent from 3-point range. Sestina had a career-best 27 points against Boston Univ on Jan. 5.
- Kimbal Mackenzie is second in scoring (16.0) and had 25 points shot 13 of 16 from the free throw line in the win over Colgate on Wednesday.
- Bruce Moore (9.8) and Jimmy Sotos (9.5)have made an impact since jumping into the starting lineup this year scoring just under double figures.
- The Eagles continue its Pennsylvania road trip at Lehigh on Wednesday.
- American returns home for Lafayette on Saturday for a Stadium exclusive broadcast.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- Two Free tickets to all Federal Government workers for the month of January to all home events.
- Bender Weekender: $85 gets you a sideline ticket to all five Saturday home match-ups this January and February.