Jan 06, 2019
HAMILTON, N.Y. — Sa'eed Nelson led the Eagles with 18 points and American held an eight-point lead with eight minutes remaining, but Colgate rallied late to take a 73-69 win over American on Sunday Afternoon.
- Stacy Beckton Jr. scored a career-best 17 points on 5 of 6 from the field and a perfect 3-for-3 from the outside.
- Sam Iorio had 13 first-half points but was held scoreless in the second half.
- Mark Gasperini finished with 10 points and seven rebounds in 24 minutes.
- American led 35-29 at the half and went on a 5-0 run late in the contest and took a 68-67 lead before Colgate finished the contest on a 6-2 run.
- Jordan Burns led four Raiders in double figures with 18 points. Will Rayman, Tucker Richardson and Jack Ferguson each had 11 points.
- The Eagles return for a midweek contest against unbeaten Navy on Wednesday (Jan. 9) before games at Bucknell (Jan. 12) and Lehigh (Jan. 16).
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- Two Free tickets to all Federal Government workers for the month of January to all home events.
- Bender Weekender: $85 gets you a sideline ticket to all five Saturday home match-ups this January and February.