Game 13 · American (7-5, 1-0 PL) at Colgate (8-6, 0-1 PL)
Sunday, Jan. 6, 2019 · 2 p.m. · Hamilton, N.Y. (Cotterell Court)
All-Time Record: American leads 31-10
Stream: Patriot League Network on Stadium
Talent:Eric Malanoski (pxp)
WASHINGTON — Fresh off a Patriot League opening win over Boston University on Wednesday, the American University men's basketball team makes the trek up to Colgate to face the Raiders on Sunday. Colgate is coming off an eight-point loss to Navy in its PL opener.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- Sa'eed Nelson had a bounce-back game with 30 points and six assists against Boston University.
- Sam Iorio had another top-notch performance against the Terriers with 23 points in 40 minutes.
- Mark Gasperini returned after missing two games with strep throat and finished his first double-double of the season (12 points and 13 rebounds).
- Larry Motuzis scored all of his eight points in the second half shooting a perfect 3 for 3 from the field with and nailed a key 3-pointer late in the half.
SCOUTING THE RAIDERS
- Jordan Burns leads the Raiders with 16.1 points per game and is shooting 78 percent from the free throw line.
- Northwestern-transfer Rapolas Ivanauskas is second on the team in scoring (13.6) and first in rebounds (9.5). Ivanauskas scored a season-best 30 points against D3 member Nazareth and had 13 rebounds in his Colgate debut against NJIT.
- Will Rayman is third on the team in scoring (12.8) and had 12 points and seven rebounds against Navy on Wednesday.
- Colgate fell early to Navy, trailing by double digits. The Raiders started the second half on a 14-0 run before Navy regained the lead midway through the half.
- The Eagles return for a midweek contest against Navy next Wednesday (Jan. 9) before games at Bucknell (Jan. 12) and Lehigh (Jan. 16).
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.
- Two Free tickets to all Federal Government workers for the month of January to all home events.