Dec 22, 2018
WASHINGTON — The American University men's basketball team snapped a two-game skid with an impressive 82-58 win over Maryland Eastern Shore to commence the holiday break on Saturday afternoon.
- Sa'eed Nelson finished his second double-double of the season with 11 points and 11 rebounds. He was three rebounds shy of AU's first triple-double since Russell Bowers had (32/13/10) against St. Mary's on Dec. 13, 1979.
- Yilret Yiljep set a career-best with 11 points and nearly pulled off his own double-double with seven rebounds. Yiljep's previous best was 10 points in his final home game of his freshman season in 2013.
- Sam Iorio had 13 points, eight rebounds and a career-best six assists. Iorio shot 3-8 from the outside with all 13 points in the first half.
- Larry Motuzis led all players with 15 points on 4-5 from 3-point range.
- American had its best bench performance of the season with 32 points from six players. Stacy Beckton Jr. added nine points, Josh Alexander and Jacob Boonyasith each had seven, Jesse Little contributed six, Cheikh 'CB' Diallo had two and Christian Sutton scored his first collegiate point at the free throw line.
- American had its largest lead (27) with 3:17 left to play.
- American led 43-25 at the break.
- For Maryland Eastern Shore, Gabriel Gyamfi led the team with 13 points. Issac Taylor had 11 off the bench.
- The Eagles will travel to local foe George Washington on Saturday, Dec. 29 at 2 p.m.
- AU tips Patriot League play at Bender Arena on Tuesday, Jan. 2 against Boston University on NBC Sports Washington.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.