Game 10 · Maryland Eastern Shore (1-11, 0-0 MEAC) at American (5-4, 0-0 PL)
Saturday, Dec. 22, 2018 · 12 p.m. · Washington, D.C. (Bender Arena)
All-Time Record: Tied 4-4
Stream: Patriot League Network on Watch Stadium
Talent: Dan Laing (pxp), Jeremy Huber (Analyst), Hannah Wohlfahrt (Sideline)
Game Notes: American | Maryland Eastern Shore
WASHINGTON — American hosts Maryland Eastern Shore in a pre-Holiday break tilt at noon on Saturday afternoon on Elementary School Day.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES
- Sa'eed Nelson led the Eagles with 23 points on 11-23 from the field and had a chance to win the game with a last-second drive.
- Josh Alexander had a season-best 12 points and seven rebounds in 22 minutes off the bench. His previous best was four points against New Hampshire.
- Sam Iorio added 12 points and six rebounds for the Eagles against the Mountaineers.
- Against Mount St. Mary's, American had its first game this season without a fully healthy roster as Mark Gasperini missed the game with an illness.
SCOUTING THE HAWKS
- Maryland Eastern Shore has three players in double figures, led by Ryan Andino averaging 13.1 points. Andino led the Hawks with 21 points in the 88, 74 loss at Winthrop on Thursday.
- Colen Gaynor is just behind Andino at 13.0 after making his season debut at Winthrop.
- AJ Cheeseman is third in team scoring with seven double-digit performances. He missed the last game against Winthrop with an upper-body injury.
- The Hawks and interim head coach Clifford Reed dressed a short bench for the previous games with eight active members.
- The Eagles will travel to local foe George Washington on Saturday, Dec. 29 at 2 p.m.
- AU tips Patriot League play at Bender Arena on Tuesday, Jan. 2 against Boston University on NBC Sports Washington.
- Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
- Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.