WASHINGTON — Sa'eed Nelson led all scorers with 23 points and had a chance to win the game driving the lane with seconds remaining but a defensive stop pushed Mount St. Mary's to a 56-55 win over American on Tuesday evening.
- Josh Alexander scored a career-best 12 points and seven rebounds off the bench on 4 of 5 from the field and a perfect 3-for-3 at the free throw line.
- Sam Iorio added 12 points and six rebounds with two blocks in 37 minutes.
- Nelson pulled down six rebounds and shot 53 percent from the field.
- Mount St. Mary's center Malik Jefferson finished with 12 points and 20 rebounds.
- Mount St. Mary's led 29-22 at the half and held a 10-point lead with 16:52 left before American tied the game at 44-44 with 7:17 left.
- The Eagles will host Maryland Eastern Shore on Saturday afternoon.
Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets.
Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID. Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating.