LEXINGTON, Va. — Sa'eed Nelson scored a team-best 26 points to lead the American University men's basketball team to its third straight win with a 74-64 victory over VMI on Tuesday.
- Sam Iorio finished with his second double-double of the season with 18 points and 14 rebounds in 37 minutes.
- Mark Gasperini finished with nine points, five assists and three rebounds in 29 minutes.
- Off the bench, Marvin Bragg had eight points and Stacy Beckton Jr. chipped away with six points and added a career-high 12 rebounds
- American outrebounded the Keydets 49-27.
- The Eagles led 37-32 at the half with Nelson contributing 15 points.
- VMI held an early lead until a layup by Nelson with 9:37 left to play in the first gave AU a 19-17 lead.
- VMI cut its deficit to a single point (50-49) after three made free throws by Bubba Parham with 11:04 remaining in the contest.
- After the free throws, AU went on an 8-0 run and took a 60-49 lead with 7:37 left on an Iorio jumper.
- Bubba Parham had 30 points for VMI. Greg Parham also finished in double figures with 14 points.
- The Eagles return to Bender Arena on Friday to host Wagner at 7 p.m.
Tickets to all AU Men's Basketball home games at Bender Arena are available throughout the season on AUeagles.com/Tickets
Bring a group and save up to 50% off on end zone reserved seating…
o 10+ Group Rate: $7 per person
o 40+ Group Rate: $5 per person
· Individual game tickets are available for $10 to $18 for adults and $7 to $14 for youth 17 & below and seniors over 65. Military members, veterans, and AU students are invited to join the Eagles for free admission with valid ID.
For inquiries e-mail email@example.com or call 202.885.TIXX (8499).