WASHINGTON — American University head men's basketball coach Mike Brennan has announced a regional nonconference schedule for the 2018-19 season that will feature five home games and five local out-of-league matchups. The Eagles will play 14 total home games at Bender Arena as part of the 29-game complete schedule.
- Planes – American's lone trip out of the DMV will come against Big Ten member Northwestern on Nov. 12.
- Trains — American (Red Line) will face local Metro line opponents George Mason (Orange Line), Howard (Red Line) and George Washington (Red Line) this season.
- Automobiles — American will face drivable non-league opponents UMBC (30 miles) and VMI (190 miles).
- Postseason – American will face three teams that qualified for postseason events. UMBC reached the second round of the NCAA Tournament, having upset top-seed Virginia; the first 16-seed to defeat a top-ranked opponent. Wagner fell in the Northeast Conference Championship to LIU-Brooklyn but claimed the leagues NIT bid and lost at Baylor. Saint Francis (Pa.) dropped the opening-round contest of the College Insider Tournament at the University of Illinois-Chicago.
- Watch Me — American will be featured on various TV and streaming services throughout the non-conference slate. The Eagles will be on the new ESPN+ three times (George Mason, UMBC and VMI). Against Northwestern, the Eagles can be seen on one of the Big Ten Network family of networks. All American home games and Patriot League games except January 21 (CBS Sports Network) will be streamed to the PLN on Stadium. The Eagles will announce their regional home TV package at a later time.
- Student Support — American will host Bucknell on District Day on Jan. 26. This yearly event is a great way for all students to come support the Eagles with many free giveaways and prizes to be handed out.
- Welcome to the Hall — American will induct the 2019 class into the Pop Cassell Hall of Fame against Army West Point on Feb. 9.
- Doubleheader Saturday — This year, the Patriot League is introducing Saturday doubleheaders to men's and women's basketball. American will host two dates where fans can see both squads in action. The first is on Jan. 26 against Bucknell and then on Feb. 16 against Colgate. Women's games will tip at noon while the men start at 4 p.m.
- Everyone's Back — American returns all five starters from last season - Sa'eed Nelson, Larry Motuzis, Marvin Bragg, Sam Iorio and Jesse Little. The team also brings back key reserve minutes from Stacy Beckton Jr., Matt Cimino and Cheikh 'CB' Diallo. Mark Gasperini is medically cleared after missing last season with an injury and will vie for a spot in the starting lineup.
- Ticket Packages — 2018-19 basketball season tickets are available today. Packages are priced as low as $56 and only $224 for the best chairback seats along the sideline for all home games in Bender Arena. Season ticket holders receive savings off the individual game price, guaranteeing fans the same great seats for all games in Bender Arena, and benefits that include the full exchange for games they cannot make – as well as discounts, and special benefits throughout the year. All season ticket holders also receive their same seat for all home postseason league games and priority ticketing for all national postseason tournament games. All AU students are admitted free of charge to home basketball games with a valid AU ID. To renew or purchase season tickets e-mail email@example.com, call (202)885-TIXX (8499), or online by clicking here. For further updates and news, visit AUEagles.com/Tickets.