WASHINGTON - The American University track & field team will divide and conquer this weekend as the Eagles split between the Raleigh Relays and the Navy Spring Meet on Friday and Saturday (March 29-30).
- Three seniors will open the weekend in Raleigh, N.C., at the Raleigh Relays, hosted by N.C. State at the Paul Derr Track & Field Facility.
- Matthew Rainey will be first up in the men's 1500-meter run at 3:30 p.m. on Friday. One of the top 1500m runners in program history, Rainey became the fifth man in AU track history to qualify for the NCAA Championships East Preliminary Round last season after timing through with the sixth-fastest time in program history (3:45.70).
- Adriana Hooks is the lone representative from the women's team down in Raleigh. She will make her season debut in the 10,000m run on the same track where she hit the third-fastest time in program history a year ago (35:45.81).
- Liam Purdy will close events in Raleigh on Saturday with the men's 800m run. He currently owns the fourth-fastest time in program history (1:50.93) with his personal record (PR) from last season.
#AUTF SCHEDULE - RALEIGH RELAYS
|Friday||6:15 p.m.||1500m Run, Men||Matthew Rainey|
|Friday||10:43 p.m.||10,000m Run, Women||Adriana Hooks|
|Saturday||2:20 p.m.||800m Run, Men||Liam Purdy|
NAVY SPRING MEET
Saturday (March 30)
Navy Gameday Guide
Teams - AMERICAN, Navy, Coast Guard, George Washington, Ithaca, Loyola Maryland, McDaniel College, Mount St. Mary's, Princeton, Wesley College
- The majority of the AU squad will hit the track on Saturday with the Navy Spring Invitational.
- The men's events will open the day at Ingram Field, starting with senior Trevor Patton in the men's long jump at 11:30 a.m. Patton enters his final season in the red, white and blue as the No. 2 long jumper in program history with his PR of 6.86m (22-6.25).
- Sophomore Max Lustig will open events on the track with his season debut in the 3000m steeplechase, followed by packed field in the 1500m run with senior Ben Doiron, sophomore John Pagliaro, and freshmen Aidan Caggiano and Miguel Dickenson.
- Another solid 1500m group will open the women's events for the Eagles at 3:55 p.m. with junior Katelyn Deibler, sophomore Shelbi Wuss and freshmen Clare Hernandez and Elise Hooker.
- The women's 400m dash will follow with junior Emily Houghton looking to continue her rise through the AU record books. She currently sits at No. 6 in the all-time top-ten for the event.
- Both the men's and women's squads will also have representatives in the 800m run, 200m dash and 4x400m relay, and a trio of Eagles will also be featured in the men's 100m dash.
#AUTF SCHEDULE - NAVY SPRING MEET
|11:30 a.m.||Long Jump, Men||Trevor Patton|
|12:00 p.m.||Steeplechase, Men||Max Lustig|
|12:25 p.m.||1500m Run, Men||Aidan Caggiano | Miguel Dickenson | Ben Doiron | John Pagliaro|
|12:45 p.m.||400m Dash, Men||Christian Kahn|
|12:55 p.m.||100m Dash, Men||Dan Concha-Pedraza | Mark Kopp | Yoshimune Satake|
|1:05 p.m.||800m Run, Men||Caleb Brown | Faolan Coogan Pluck | Justin Dignan | Nick Farrell|
|1:25 p.m.||200m Dash, Men||Khalil Ibrahim | Trevor Patton|
|1:55 p.m.||4x400m Relay, Men|
|3:55 p.m.||1500m Run, Women||Katelyn Deibler | Clare Hernandez | Elise Hooker | Shelbi Wuss|
|4:15 p.m.||400m Dash, Women||Emily Houghton | Lucia Rose|
|4:35 p.m.||800m Run, Women||Kassidy Ayres | Arianna Lopez | Kaitlyn McTernan|
|4:55 p.m.||200m Dash, Women||Ceyda Guleryuz | Alisha Netus | Monique Rickenbacker | Lucia Rose|
|5:35 p.m.||4x400m Relay, Women|
AU will train through next weekend before traveling to Baltimore for the Morgan State Invitational on Friday, April 19 and Saturday, April 20.
For the latest on American University Track & Field, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_TrackXC.