ANNAPOLIS, Md. - Senior Adriana Hooks was among the highlights for the American University track & field team at the Patriot League Indoor Track Championships on Saturday and Sunday, as she earned her fourth career podium finish at the conference championship meet.
- Hooks was the top AU finisher over the weekend with her second-place finish in the women's 5,000-meter run. This was her second career podium finish at the indoor track & field championship meet after she placed third in the 3000m in 2016, and fourth overall including the two top-three finishes at the outdoor championship meet.
- Hooks, who already owns the second-fastest 5k time in program history with her previous personal record (PR) of 17:13.73, improved on that time with a new PR of 17:12.14 on Saturday.
- Seven other Eagles earned PR's over the two-day meet, including Kaitlyn McTernan whose 1:26.82 finish in the women's 500m dash is the seventh-fastest time in program history for the event.
- Christian Kahn timed through with the ninth-fastest performance in AU history in the men's 500m dash with his 1:08.52 crossing.
- Both distance medley squads also closed with top-five finishes in their respective fields. The men's team, featuring Ben Doiron, Trevor Patton, Aidan Caggiano, and Matthew Rainey, just missed the podium with a fourth-place crossing in 10:13.17.
- The women's DMR, featuring Arianna Lopez, Elise Hooker, Emily Houghton, and Adriana Hooks, was fifth overall with the fifth-fastest time in program history, 12:11.10.
- The women's 4x800m relay rounded out the record book performances for the weekend, as the foursome of Kassidy Ayres, Elise Hooker, Emily Houghton, and Arianna Lopez ran the seventh-fastest time in AU history, 9:25.33.
The Eagles will travel to the George Mason Last Chance Meet on Sunday, Feb. 24, before getting ready to open the outdoor season on Saturday, March 16, with the Shamrock Invitational in Myrtle Beach.
For the latest on American University Track & Field, stay tuned to AUEagles.com and follow the team on Twitter @AU_TrackXC.
|Long Jump, Men||10. Trevor Patton, 6.68m (21-11)|
|60m Dash, Women||20. Alisha Netus, 8.37 PR | 21. Olivia Mahoney, 9.23|
|60m Dash, Men||17. Daniel Concha-Pedraza, 7.58 | 18. Mark Kopp, 7.82 | 19. Khalil Ibrahim, 8.98|
|200m Dash, Women||27. Keelin Ferris, 29.34 | 38. Rafaela Rubas, 33.88|
|200m Dash, Men||23. Daniel Concha-Pedraza, 25.01 | 24. Mark Kopp, 25.74 | 25. Yoshimune Satake, 26.92|
|400m Dash, Women||23. Lucia Rose, 1:09.91|
|500m Dash, Women||17. Kaitlyn McTernan, 1:26.82 PR #7|
|500m Dash, Men||15. Christian Kahn, 1:08.52 #9|
|800m Run, Men||18. Caleb Brown, 2:01.89 PR | 20. Justin Dignan, 2:04.36|
|3000m Run, Men||18. Michael Weidenbruch, 8:51.28 | 22. Max Lustig, 8:55.07 PR | 32. Miguel Dickenson, 9:25.61|
|5000m Run, Women||2. Adriana Hooks, 17:12.14 PR #2 | 18. Clare Hernandez, 18:16.13 | 21. Shelbi Wuss, 18:45.55 | 24. Katelyn Deibler, 19:20.90 PR|
|5000m Run, Men||14. Michael Weidenbruch, 15:30.58 PR|
|4x800m, Women||9. (Kassidy Ayres, Elise Hooker, Emily Houghton, Arianna Lopez), 9:25.33 #7|
|4x800m, Men||8. (Justin Dignan, Ben Doiron, Aidan Caggiano, Matthew Rainey), 7:58.22|
|DMR, Women||5. (Arianna Lopez, Elise Hooker, Emily Houghton, Adriana Hooks), 12:11.10 #5|
|DMR, Men||4. (Ben Doiron, Trevor Patton, Aidan Caggiano, Matthew Rainey), 10:13.17|