LEWISBURG, Pa.– The American University swimming and diving team returns to competition after three weeks of training on Saturday when it travels to Bucknell for a quad meet with Lafayette and Navy.
In their last competitions, the Eagles split decisions with Howard and Manhattan. The women won dual-meet matchups with the Bison and Jaspers, but the men lost to matches, falling to Howard by just five points.
• Sophomore Liam Riebling had a pair of wins for the AU men against Howard and Manhattan, earning the GEICO Student-Athlete of the Week award for that weekend. Riebling won both the 200 individual medley and the 500 free, each marking the best time of the season by AU to that point.
• Senior Scott Callander has AU's best marks of the year in four events – 50 & 100 free and both butterfly events, while Garrett Sooter has season-bests in the 1,000 free and both breaststroke events.
• Sophomore Matt Bean has top swims in both backstrokes.
• For the women, sophomore transfer Kyra Manson won the 50 free and the 100 butterfly against Howard and Manhattan, also swimming on the first place 200 medley relay.
• Sophomore Ellie Kight has AU's best marks this year in the 200, 500 and 1,000 freestyle, and she won the 500 in both meets this season.
American is away from competition next weekend before heading to the Patriot Invitational at George Mason on Nov. 15 through 17. The Patriot Invitational is the highlight of the fall-semester schedule for the Eagles and runs as an NCAA-style meet.